TEI courses are designed around established learning principals - including those of Bloom, Gardner, and Vygotsky. TEI courses include activities at all levels of Bloom's Taxonomy - focusing on higher-order thinking skills. Course assignments are often project-based, with students adjusting the parameters to meet the needs of their individual educational settings.
TEI courses are designed to the National Staff Development Council standards:
- Using multiple sources of information to guide improvement and demonstrate its impact.
- Preparing educators to apply research to decision making.
- Using learning strategies appropriate to the intended goal.
- Applying knowledge about human learning and change.
- Providing educators with the knowledge and skills to collaborate.
- Preparing educators to understand and appreciate all students, create safe, orderly and supportive learning environments, and hold high expectations for their academic achievement.