TEI was an early proponent of online professional development, offering our first online course in 1999. Designed to help teachers apply research and learning theories to daily classroom situations, our online courses have an impressive 97% completion rate.
TEI believes the following about online education:
- Much learning takes place outside the traditional classroom.
- Adult learners who choose to participate in online education are motivated by interest in the subject matter or in earning a degree or credential.
- An online course instructor is a facilitator of learning who guides, encourages and motivates students with constructive, positive feedback.
- Adult learners learn best by applying knowledge and theories to real life situations.
- Frequent interaction between instructor and student is critical.
- Creating a community of learning between instructor and students is critical.